Wednesday, December 1, 2010

First up....

This weekend will mark the start of the Colorado Adventure list. Up first will be Saturday evening downtown at the festival of lights parade. I have never been and absolutely love parades. I grew up being in parades back in my little hometown of Clayton, CA. The weather is suppose to be nice...well, nice for Colorado. Not snowing, above freezing, and clear. I will definitely put pictures up. My mission now will be to remember the camera.

The second part of this will be on Sunday. I have decided to take on the Manitou Incline, or as some call it the hike from hell. It is a 1 mile straight up hike on railroad ties up the side of Pikes Peak. Most of it is at a 41% grade and hitting up to a 68% grade, with a vertical gain of 2100ft. Hard core climbing. Can't wait!!!! (Don't worry, Mom, I will be ok)...

More posts to come after this weekend. Here's to adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Festival of Lights, here we come! As for your Incline adventure, good luck with that one. I'll join you the second time around. Just bring a cell phone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look at the pictures when you are back on solid ground. I believe that God did not indend for all mountians to be climbed(?). Those mountians that are vertical I believe that we are to just look at and admire God's art work.

    ReplyDelete